Do you have bad breath? We’ve got remedies!
We all experience bad breath at some point, some more than others. If only we were immune to mouth odor, it would be one less thing to be embarrassed about yourself. Unfortunately, we are blessed with this lovely curse.
Have any idea why you develop bad breath?
It could be because of your lack of brushing and flossing. It’s not a bad idea to brush your tongue while at it. You’ll be surprised what we carry on our tongues alone. If you’re still experiencing bad breath you should check out the foods and drinks that you consume. It may lead to the source of your problem. Here’s some food and drinks to go for and stay away from.
Food and Drinks to have more of:
– Green tea
– Yogurt that is also a probiotic
– Leafy green vegetables
– Mixed berries including Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, and More!
– Citrus Fruits
Food and Drinks to have less of:
– Garlic and Onions
– Drinks with lots of Sugar
– Meaty Meals
If none of this works, you may be experiencing some heath problems. These may consist of having either kidney failure, lungs or sinuses infection, diabetes mellitus, gastrointestinal disorder or eating a disorder. Something simple as having a dry month could cause an unpleasant mouth odor due to the lack of saliva. In actuality, saliva could help get rid of mouth odor. This explains bad breath in the morning.
Things that shorten saliva in the mouth:
– Consuming Alcohol
Things that increase saliva in the mouth:
– Sugarless Gum
– Candy (Not quite recommended)
– Intake 6 – 8 cups of water throughout the day
Ultimately, it’s important to watch what your taking on a daily basis. Toothpaste and mouthwash are only a temporary fix to the problem. It basically masks out the odor. Give it a few hours and the smell could come back again. So, its very important to evaluate what you eat and to keep up with your oral hygiene! If you feel that you still need help, contact a “dentist near me” to help answer your questions. We’d love to help you!
Looking for Dental Payment Plans
or Apply Online
(Click logo above to be directed to website)
We have 7 Locations in Lincoln, NE!
- Lincoln Family Dentistry – Central Lincoln
- South Lincoln Family Dentistry – South Lincoln
- Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry – Northeast Lincoln
- Preserve Family Dentistry – East Lincoln
- Coddington Dental – West Lincoln
- NorthStar Dental – North Lincoln
- SouthPointe Dental – Southwest Lincoln
- Emergency Dentist NE – Emergency Dental Care
- Lincoln Dental Plans – Affordable Dental Options
Nebraska Family Dentistry has Lincoln Dental clinics in all parts of Lincoln. Choose a “near me dentist” location that is convenient for you.