Unbearable pain after filling?
Are you experiencing unbearable pain after filling? If so, you should contact your “dentist near me” to make sure if symptoms like this is normal. Reasons for this may be because of an uneven filling. These don’t happen often, but if you are experience something like this, it’s a easy fix. When the tooth is uneven, the filling could be adding pressure on the tooth beside it. Fixing this is simply a few adjustments and with that, the pain should fade away.
When you call in to talk to your dentist, be very specific and confident about describing the pain you are experiencing. The more specific you are, the faster the dentist could understand the exact reasoning for the pain. If you are experiencing pain or mouth irritation, don’t be shy about calling! The last thing we want is for you to experience unbearable pain after a filling. If the pain is not from an uneven filling in between the teeth, you could be experiencing a malocclusion. A malocclusion is when your upper and lower teeth are making flawed and faulty contact when they close on each other. A symptom of having a malocclusion is having pain in the jaw. Just like a uneven filling in between your teeth, a malocclusion needs just some simple adjustments and you’ll be on your way.
Here are a few things you can do and shouldn’t do, to ease the pain a little before your appointment with your dentist.
- Don’t eat tough textures such as meats, hard candies, or chewy textures.
- Don’t eat popcorn
- Don’t eat nuts
- Don’t eat raw vegetables/fruits
- You can use a wet black tea bag to help with getting the inflammation down.
- Take Alive, Advil, or ibuprofen to ease the pain
- Place ice on pain area
- Drink water
If you get hungry, try to have softer foods such as:
- Ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Mash sweet or regular potatoes
These things help, but you should talk to your dentist if you are having unbearable pain after filling. Just to make sure you’re not experiencing anything serious.
Schedule Day or Night
Schedule your dental appointment at anytime of the day or night with our online scheduling.
We have 7 Locations in Lincoln, NE!
- Lincoln Family Dentistry – Central Lincoln
- South Lincoln Family Dentistry – South Lincoln
- Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry – Northeast Lincoln
- Preserve Family Dentistry – East Lincoln
- Coddington Dental – West Lincoln
- NorthStar Dental – North Lincoln
- SouthPointe Dental – Southwest Lincoln
- Emergency Dentist NE – Emergency Dental Care
- Lincoln Dental Plans – Affordable Dental Options
Nebraska Family Dentistry has Lincoln Dental clinics in all parts of Lincoln. Choose a “near me dentist” location that is convenient for you.